~ PheiChi's crapsketchblog

quarta-feira, 1 de agosto de 2012

Of Zelda

Yaay!

So one of my goals this vacation was to try painting with water colours because I bought them XD And because I've always wanted to, but never had the courage to try it... Water colours seemed creepy XD;

And because one of my friends is bringing something I lent her these days, I decided to do a thank-you-gift o/ Actually, I've known her for many years and I owe many thank-you-gifts... orz

She really likes Zelda so I decided to do a fanart! o/


The sketch... I took like... a lot of time to finish it XD;; It's so simple but somehow I'm so slow... Oooh I hate Princess Zelda's detailed outfit XD; She's so pretty, though ;v;


At this point, I had only finished painting Link. I was very excited because he actually came out pretty nice~


Then I colored Zelda in. ~ORZ~ I think my patience was running out and then everything smudged and blended and and and orz I forgot about many details and I got pretty sad... /cries


And done! The purple... The paper got too saturated with water (I think) and I couldn't properly outline the clouds and and //orz

In the end, it turned out pretty messy and ugly XD;; Princess Zelda's blue thingies just smeared and orz it's so disgusting lolol I forgot many details orz orz and ugh... Gotta be more patient... orz And look at that wrinkled paper XDDD

But it was fun nonetheless! I learned a lot, seeing that it was my first try ((: Here goes some of my acquirements:

1. BE PATIENT. LOL I really have no patience at all haha... When you colour something, wait for it to dry a bit, especially if you're gonna shade it or something. Well, thing is, there are two types of shading: one where you just get the same colour over and over again, and another where you get another colour to go over the base one. The paint you use will spread over all the wet area, so if it's something detailed, it won't shade, it'll just darken it. But then goes another hint...

2. Don't put too much water. Watercolours become less saturated as they dry, so don't be afraid if the colour you chose is too "strong". Be audacious and bold! If you put in too much water, it will colour very little and it'll just ruin the paper.

3. Mix colours. To get the right colour, try mixing them! It's fun. XD;

Well, I actually had more, but I guess this basically covers all my mistakes. XD; Although I did mix... But much of the crap I did could be solved by the first two items. Haha

Of course, disregarding the part where the sketch itself is crappy...

Well, watercolour is fun o// I hope I'll have patience to try again and I hope I get better lololol

PS: I took about 12 hours total on this piece. XD

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário